18 July 2012

Excerpt from my novel, Redemption

 
"What the fuck do you think your doing?"

I had answered the phone using muscle memory. My body heard something ringing and reached out to answer it, before my mind could tell it, shhhh, we're asleep. I think I grunted.

"What the fuck are you doing, get out of my head. You're fucking with me and I won't have it."

More awake now. "What? Who is this? What is going on?"I was awake now and all systems started to come on line. Blinking slowly, "Misty?"
"Who else would it be? How many people are you torturing with your mind?"

"I don't.... I mean I'm not attacking anyone with my --"
"Come off it. You know damn well --"

It all came together for me in one moment. "Listen, crazy lady you need to shut the hell up. If you think the torture is bad now, maybe I'll just decide to turn your mind off. Think on that."

I pressed end on my iPhone and then turned my phone off. Less satisfying then slamming an old fashion phone down on it's receiver, but good enough."

No comments: