Featured Post

20 November 2015

Hangman 5


I look into the future and I can feel its cold creeping towards me. I can feel reaching my skin and making me question my next move. I turn on my iPod and star running. I use my legs to kegs to knife through the drizzle and my arms pumping against the wind. 

This is my chance to do something new. This is my chance.

The hangman comes and knock on my door
The hangman, I didn't think they hanged no more

That's right. Before the Hangman knocks on my door. I've got to keep moving. Quarter mile down. I don't know if she meant what she said. "Warmth is my Achilles heel." 

Who talks like that? Cold, dark, feeling lost. That's an Achilles heel? How could she say that warmth means anything to me? I don't need warmth,  I need to catch my breath. This isn't a sprint, I've got a couple miles to go. And this new thing.

Jackbooted, tear-eyed working for the man 
Even the hangman trying to do the best he can

How could a new job mean this much to me?

It's never gonna' end you see
Government the government, got Citzen's United money

It's not the new job. It's the money. I want some much for the kids to have what Viv and I never had. They don't need scars and trials, they need opportunity. I talk about my boy so much because he's the oldest, but Cassandra has my heart. I just want... to catch my breath again. I just want to live a good life, with all the trimmings, so that they'll know they don't have to struggle. 


I got friend who gonna march downtown
Veterans and hippies, wanna fight the man

And she's right. It's the comfort that's gonna' get me. I can't slow down. I've got to keep fighting. It's about duty. The deserve a great future more than I deserve more sleep. 


The hangman hates ISIS like you and me
But the hangman he's driven by his duty

No comments: