05 August 2009

Out run the past


Why no posts lately? More writer's block? Nope. I've been busy writing.

Here's a snippet....


"Abe?" For just a second the silky vibrato of my name hangs in the air. It's the memory of our love hanging there, between us.
It's the tender parts of me I left behind. I did love.

I have to make sure she doesn't come back. I lurch across the dining room table toward her. I grab her wrist, an iron grip.
My training kicks in: ulna and the radius to the humerus. How many pounds of pressure?

"Baby?" I say. Smiling and I shouldn't.

The pulse of her pulse, ripples through my hand. She freaks. I relax my grip and let her slip free. In two strides she is out the door, a natural athlete.

3 comments:

Mz M. said...

Hiya,

I liked this excerpt. :)

-- Mel

karen ussery said...

Wow. Potent. Me likey. Makes me wonder what happened before, what happens next...

dkan71 said...

I like...I like it a lot....ditto what your lovely wife said.