06 April 2014

Writing exercise #4

Getting warmed up by using http://www.amazon.com/Old-Friend-Far-Away-Practice/dp/1416535039
and some of Natalie Goldberg's writing prompts

When I die I miss you. I will miss being around you, hearing your stories, drinking your drinks and wondering what's going to happen next.  I will miss all of you.

I will miss fucking you.
I will miss being confused around you.

I will miss loving you and being loved by you.

I will miss curry.
I will miss making love with you.

I will miss speaking broken Spanish, because the guy at Home Depot thinks of all the non-hispanic people in Home Depot, maybe I'm the one that speaks Spanish.

When I die I will miss having a body and all things I could do with a body. I will miss the things I never did. I will miss the things I never wanted to do, and now never will. 

I will miss you, I will miss you though I will carry you in my heart beyond on the veil of this existence.

I will miss being nervous after telling a lie.
I will miss twice baked almond croissants from Bakery Nouveau
I will miss my friends who play music.
I will miss my friends who play games.
I will miss Kali and all it's expressions; fighting, thinking, sparring.

When I die I miss you. I will miss being near you, or hearing about you.

I will miss the things you taught me.
I will miss weddings
I will miss the sound of my dog licking the air as he tries to kiss everybody and taste everything.
I will miss peeing outside.

I will miss the feel of a good suite and the world that goes with a good suite. Dressed and ready to feel, to feel good, to feel, to feel hot, to feel the something that is about to begin.

I will miss...



No comments: